What to Expect When You Are Expecting - To Start a Business
4/29/2021 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Click here for more information.
Learn about legal decisions new business owners need to consider in this free WSU Kansas SBDC webinar.
Jason Janoski and Matt Davis with Davis Business Law will cover the foundations that a prospective new business owner needs to consider, such as:
• Choosing the right entity, filing the right formation papers, getting the right operating agreement/bylaws or other documents for the type of entity;
• Insurance considerations;
• What to look for in property agreements, vendor contracts, client contracts;
• The basics about legally having employees (hiring/discipline/firing practices, job descriptions, handbook, wage classification, insurance/work comp, personnel/medical file duties, employment/arbitration agreements, I-9 requirements, etc.);
• Document retention requirements.