For the third year, WIBA is partnering with the City of Wichita to stimulate and promote business growth in the Wichita metropolitan area. WIBA assists companies in identifying and addressing barriers to growth in order to create a healthy and inviting business environment.
Objectives for this year:
- Facilitate the creation of 50 net new jobs and assist in the fulfillment of open positions for business participants.
- Provide job seekers access to open positions by participating businesses. Provide job training requested by companies to address skill gaps through scholarship funding of $25,000.
- Work with all participating businesses to identify current or potential barriers and provide requested assistance; connecting them with other strategic partner firms/agencies as appropriate.
- Provide companies a voice in discussions with GWP and City officials to address policies and infrastructure that directly impact future growth.
Business topics/issues that we can help with include, but are not limited to the following:
- Business Plan/Marketing Plan Development
- Financial/Accounting Assistance
- Securing Additional Capital
- Building Expansion Assistance
- Sourcing and Hiring Employees
- Strategic Planning Assistance
Businesses who want to grow and need assistance locating qualified employees, please contact Alicia Holloway, WIBA President at
email@example.com or (316) 201-3264.
In partnership with Workforce Alliance, WIBA will be a sponsoring two job fairs.
- WIBA was a co-sponsor for the “Get Hired!” job fair on Sept. 6, 2018.
- Our Job Fair in partnership with Workforce Alliance was held May 10 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
In 2017, WIBA accomplished:
- Personal contact with over 170 businesses by providing assistance in many areas.
- Over 126 job placements. Wages ranged from $25,000 to $120,000, resulting in $4,275,000 of new income earning in the Wichita area.
- Held two job fairs in collaboration with Workforce Alliance with over 1,200 job seekers.
- $25,000 in scholarships to the Wichita Area Technical School Promise Program.
- Created and implemented marketing materials, utilized social media, radio and industry publications to expand our outreach to the community and region.