Connect with fellow business leaders and decision makers in the community through a variety of events all year long. WIBA Members receive member pricing for all events.
- WIBA Monthly Luncheon – 2nd Tuesday every month at Botanica from 11:30 to 1:00pm. Stay informed with presentations designed to relate to your business from a wide variety of notable experts.
- Women’s Leadership Alliance (WWLA) Luncheon – 1st Tuesday every month at The Wichita Boathouse from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Learn from panel discussions, engage in table topics and hear from local women business leaders.
- Simply Social Mixer – 3rd Tuesday of odd-numbered months beginning in January. The Simply Social Mixers are held at different WIBA member offices from 4 to 6 p.m. and are free for members and guests. Enjoy beverages, appetizers and developing relationships with other members.
- WIBA on Tap – 3rd Tuesday of even-numbered months beginning in February at a local brewery. WIBA on Tap mixers are from 4 - 6 p.m. offering a cash bar and the opportunity to tap into the resources and expertise of WIBA members and guests.
- Small Business Connect Expo – celebrate National Small Business Week each May by participating in the Business Connect Expo. Showcase your business with a booth for a nominal fee. Enjoy workshops during the event on a variety of topics including marketing, technology, sales tips and more.
- Annual WIBA Kickoff – enjoy an evening of fellowship and celebration of the past year with cocktails, dinner and a special keynote speaker.
Education and Resources
- Online – The WIBA website (wiba.org) includes member-only resources including the membership directory, member to member coupons, the ability to post your events on the Community Calendar, create your company’s profile with logo, register for events and more.
- Social Media – Like our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages to receive updates on events and share with your friends and business associates.
- WIBA CONNECT – This bi-monthly e-newsletter includes WIBA event information, educational articles, member spotlights, new member recognition, upcoming member events from the Community Calendar and more.
- Member Articles – show off your company and your expertise and draw new traffic to your website by writing a short article about what you know best! Each member article will appear in the WIBA newsletter and the WIBA website. Articles will include a direct link to your website (which will improve your company’s Search Engine Optimization - SEO) and your WIBA company profile. Generate immediate exposure for your company for a publication fee of only $75 per article.
- Sponsorship Opportunities – Showcase your business during WIBA events. Sponsorship offers the ability to distribute your company information (brochure, etc.) and speak to members about your business. Members receive priority on available and affordable sponsorships for all events
- Ambassador and Events Committees – Increase the value of your membership by participating in monthly Ambassador or Events Committee meetings. The committees are guided by a WIBA staff member and address decisions and actions that impact the organization and members.
- Educational Seminars – WIBA hosts 6 educational seminars each year. A member survey is conducted to identify topics of interest. Examples include deep dives into Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word,) QuickBooks training, social media updates, marketing and sales techniques.
- WIBA Boardroom – Members may schedule meetings in the impressive WIBA Boardroom at no cost (holds up to 25 people.)
Members have a voice that is heard regarding local, state and federal issues. An annual Legislative Survey is sent to all members. We take a proactive stand on legislation that impacts the operation and profitability of our member businesses.
- Government Affairs Committee – all members are encouraged to participate in this committee, which meets on the 4th Friday at 2:30 p.m. during the Kansas legislative session (January through May.) The committee monitors issues, legislation, regulations and ordinances on local, state and federal levels that impact businesses.
- Political Candidate Interviews – WIBA provides opportunities for members to attend candidate interviews for all local elected positions in order to make informed voting decisions.
- Annual Elected Official Luncheon – The November monthly luncheon includes Wichita Mayor and City Council, Sedgwick County Commissioners, the South Central Delegation of state legislators and Wichita School Board members. Enjoy congenial and informative roundtable conversations with these officials each November.
Click here to register online or e-mail Judy at email@example.com.